Last Minute April Fool’s Day Prank and Ideas for Your Kids

Its time to be silly, and its time to be witty. April Fool’s Day is upon and us we are all aiming for that perfect prank this year. Our family takes April Fool’s Day seriously and we do prepare for our pranks. But this year, time wasn’t really on my side so I had some emergency planning to do. If you are just like me, then this article is for you! Here are some neat collections of last-minute pranks that you could pull off. A brief disclaimer: despite being last minute ideas, some of the pranks still require a bit of effort to execute. On the brighter side, the ingredients and tools needed are easily obtainable in your house. So sit back, relax, and get your devious smiles ready.


1.The First of April Cookie

This cookie recipe is a sure knock-out for this years April Fool’s day. It will be my first time doing it so I wouldn’t have any opinion on this. But as far as recommendations are concerns, this is easily in the top 10. So, to start off, you’ll need mash potatoes and a handful of black beans. You guessed it right, will be making the cookie out of these exotic recipes. You’ll want to make the batter with the mashed potatoes. A great tip to keep it realistic as possible is by removing coloured ingredients. I suggest that you omit the peppers and the like to prevent foiling your plan. The next step is washing the black beans. I suggest that you source a can of black beans, they are easier to work with. Mixed the beans and the potatoes on a bowl. Once that is done, grab a spoonful of the combination and drop them on a cookie sheet.
Bake until golden brown! Don’t forget to serve them warm.

2. The First of April Sundae

Well, you might have an idea on what this one will be made off, and yes its potatoes. Another great prank to pull-off to your kids. This one is easier than the first one, all you’ll need is a parfait glass and some mashed potatoes. To make it more convincing and realistic, add a dash of gravy and don’t forget that cherry on tops.

3.The Fridge Have Eyes

If you want to freak out your whole family, then this route is the way to go. Imagine waking up in the middle of the night, thirsty. You’ll want to go to the kitchen, stride your way through the fridge. And the viola, googly eyes everywhere. Go the extra mile and give all of those eggs some googly eyes.

4. Give them “Lollipops”

There are a lot of variations of April Fool’s lollipop’s, but my favorite has got to be the broccoli ones. I always hated greens and veggies when I was a kid, and this was passed on to my kids. They hate eating vegetables and they specifically hate broccoli. This a perfect prank for them and I can’t wait to see the look on their faces.


5. The Remote Control Hack

If you have your children fighting over the remote control, then this one is for you. I tried this last year and my kids flipped. What you’ll need are a piece of tape and your remote. Cover the sensor using the tape and watch your kids go insane while they struggle to open the telly.

6.Not-So Soap, Soap

Last, and definitely not the least is my personal favorite soap prank. I first pulled this prank on my husband and his reaction is priceless. I can still vaguely remember how he said: “honey, the soap is broken.” I was bursting in laughter and now I want to replicate the same prank on my children. So how do you make your soaps, not lather? Well, it quite a nifty and easy trick to do. You just need to prepare the following: a clear nail polish. Wait for the nail polish to dry and get ready to hear the ridiculous things your family will say about the soap.

Learn more about these great trends and ideas for the whole family! Visit our home page for more awesome content.

Comments